Monday, May 2, 2011

The Adventures of Housesitting/Dogsitting/Catsitting

If Chris and I thought we could ever have a pet in our life (not that we really ever have wanted one), we realized this weekend, we cannot. After housesitting/dogsitting/catsitting for my cousins this past weekend, Chris and I came to the conclusion that we do not want animals, nor do we have time for them.

Poor little Gypsy, we felt so bad. We really do like her. Leaving their house at 8:00am and not returning until 8:30pm for a long day at work and the Corporate Run on Thursday equals poop in poor Gypsy's crate. I don't think she was too happy with our dogsitting skills (I guess we cannot compare to the likes of Napoleon, who has many skills). Gypsy, I'm sorry we were not able to make it home sooner to let you out to use the grass as your pooping ground.

Then on Friday, we got home at 6:00pm after work, Gypsy has pooped in her crate yet again (sorry Gypsy). With Chris on clean up duty (I had it the night before), I went outside to feed the cats. The sound of meows coming from the sky baffled me. As I looked upward, I came to find one of the cats had escaped from inside the screened patio and found her way on top of the roof of the patio.

With ladder in hand, and rain coming down, I made my way to the back yard. Climbed up to the top of the 7 foot ladder and tried to coax Lily off the roof. After about 5 minutes, I was able to pry her claws off the screen roof. Determined to get away, she fought with me the whole way down the ladder. I won that battle, and safely returned her to the screened-in patio.

With my clothes soaked and my hands covered in cat hair, I decided I needed a shower before we ventured out to dinner. We laughed about our movie-like incident and realized pets were not in our future.



No comments:

Post a Comment